Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Thanksgiving Cupcakes

We needed a little excitement in the kitchen tonight so I whipped up these. It is a recipe that I totally made up so I just guessed on the measurements. They taste like Thanksgiving to me.

Here is what you need:
1 pound ground turkey
2 stalks celery diced
1/2 onion diced
3 TBSP Butter
1/2 tsp ground sage
1/2 tsp thyme
2-3 handfuls bread crumbs
1 egg
salt
pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Saute onion and celery in the butter. Add thyme and sage. Cook until tender. Mix turkey, onions and celery, egg and breadcrumbs in a bowl.
Spray 8 muffin cups with cooking spray. Stuff mixture into each cup. Press down with the back of a spoon to make them smooth on top.
Bake for 20 minutes or until they are thoroughly cooked in the center. "Frost" them with creamy mashed potatoes and sprinkle them with a few bread crumbs. They would be even yummier with gravy drizzled on top. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I think Matt would LOVE these! Thanks for the idea! And, I love you posting on your blog:)

    ReplyDelete